How do you Manage your Drivers in their own Vehicles?
Under legislation your obligations to employers, customers and members of the public extend to any work activity, this includes employees using their own vehicle on company business or the ‘grey fleet’. It is called the ‘grey fleet’ as few companies now how large it is, the makeup or even how well maintained it may be.
If you are allowing an employee to use their own vehicle on company business it is subject to the same rules as a company car.
Fleet Evolution can guide you through this area with a variety of options from the introduction of cash for car schemes with stringent rules to taking regular users into company cars to salary sacrifice schemes (clickable link) delivering huge financial benefits for both you and your employee.
- The policy set up to define the operating rules when you can use your own vehicle
- Rules around the vehicle that may be used, maximum age etc
- Enforcement and document process to manage everything from service confirmation to license checks to confirmation of business insurance
- Online tools to ensure drivers regularly check their vehicles in accordance with the highway code
- Regular communication to drivers who would benefit from an alternative arrangement such as salary sacrifice.
Grey fleet need not be a grey area, with our help you can get control of this area of risk and financial exposure. Contact us today for more information.